Welcome!

Welcome one and all exclusively to Musings on Tap! Our doctrine is that all thought is free thought (we even share tea;)). Download at your leisure and be comforted that ideas will never die. The purpose is to incite thought and revolutionize ideas. We, the authors, yet never finishers, share different perspectives on life and so this blog will indeed be two-dimensional. Topics will be humorous and perhaps quite silly. Topics will be serious and perhaps quite morbid. Sentences will even contain unparalleled parallel structure. Oh and we cater:).

Tuesday, September 10, 2013

The 13th Month

I haven't done any research on this, hell I don't even own a calendar. I know there are all sorts of calendars and what not, but I would like to propose the need for a 13th month.

How many weeks do we usually approximate in a month? 4? So how many weeks are there in three months? 12? wrong! After 3 months you lose on average 7 days. The insane part is that after just a year you will lose a month. Where is this 13 month? Where does it go? Why, it's at the end of every month of course. Except February, those days are always on strike. And after all 13*28 = 364.

It really makes sense to have each month except two have 28 days. February can have its damn leap year and then the months can take turns with the extra day. So every year is a hop year, every four years is a leap hop year, and every 12 years is a double leap year! And people, including myself, will just have to adopt new birthdays. I'll gladly take Sept 1st. That'd be wild.

This will solve many problems, such as a better approximation of tides, full moons, and menstruation cycles. Also, financial schedules and other calendars would be easier to keep track of.

Ok, just looked it up. Of course someone has thought of this. Apparently Eastman Kodak adopted the international fixed calendar until 1989, or so says Wikipedia.

But like most innovators, I will take this idea as my own. I now dub it.....The Beben Calendar. Don't worry, I'm pretty humble. I eliminated my own birthday.


Keep on musing on,

-Mi


For those curious, today, the 10th of September would be the 28th of August, assuming a hop year with the hop being in January.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please! It's quite bare down here!

Followers