Welcome!

Welcome one and all exclusively to Musings on Tap! Our doctrine is that all thought is free thought (we even share tea;)). Download at your leisure and be comforted that ideas will never die. The purpose is to incite thought and revolutionize ideas. We, the authors, yet never finishers, share different perspectives on life and so this blog will indeed be two-dimensional. Topics will be humorous and perhaps quite silly. Topics will be serious and perhaps quite morbid. Sentences will even contain unparalleled parallel structure. Oh and we cater:).

Wednesday, February 23, 2011

The Starving Striving Artist

Joshua McCray, fellow Red Devil, is an aspiring art and graphic design student at the University of Wisconsin-Parkside. 
Editor's Note: Apparently Josh eats regularly, no worries.

Aliases: JMcCray, Jmac, JrainalldayMCray, Mi (yes, he tried posing as me once..see for yourself --->)

____BEGIN TRANSMISSION_______

Mi: Josh, thanks for taking the time to answer a couple questions for the MoT nation. Not posessing much artistic talent myself, such vivid pieces always awe me. It is incredible how you convey your creative imagination to paper (or other medium). What's your secret?

JM: All it takes is a good dose of boredom, a set of Faber-Castell pens, and a nice piece of paper.

Mi: I don't think i'm treating my looseleaf well enough, my blobs are blobs my stick people..yeah.blobs..anyways Have you always wanted to be a graphic designer, or in some artistic field?

JM: Ever since I came in contact with Threadless.com.

Mi: Hah yeah, you and your crazy threadless shirts, I see you're wearing one now. That pink one you always tried to hide under your polos was great. Onwards...
When I write a blog post, I draw my inspiration from random events that I muse about that day, and then build off of it. What inspires your work?

JM: Fairy Tales, the Bible.. I like [to] manipulate stories.. Add my own twist.
Little Red- Joshua McCray

Mi: Yeah, there's a lot of vivid stories to draw from there, and obviously it wouldn't be you if you didn't add your own somethin somethin. If you were to try to pindown your artwork into one of those mystical categries, which would it be?

JM: Graphic Illustration. I like to find a combination between easy to read story telling and detailed illustration.

Mi: Hahah, dude sometimes, I have no clue what your goats are doing in your drawings,
 but it's alright you're telling the story of your craziness. And by the way, amazing job at McCrayfish.com. Did you create the site yourself, code and such?

JM: Well, she's currently under construction. I'm working on building McCrayfish.com using Wordpress as a CMS.

Mi: Aha, I've dabbled in HTML and such, and that's just not me, too tedious. Maybe if this she takes off. Could you tell us which piece your most proud of over at McCrayfish.com?

JM: Being an artist, my "favorite" piece is ever changing. Never content.

Mi: Well, I think DeMi agree that this is our favorite piece. Have you done any freelance work?
Goat's Vengeance- Joshua McCray

JM:I've done work for The Wisconsin Juniors Volleyball club, and Revolution student ministries, to name a few.

Mi: Nice eclectic mix of freelancing stuff, Mrs. Neimi would be proud. Thanks for letting us showcase some of your artwork and skill. We certainly like all things creative here at Musings. Good luck on your ventures!

JM: Anytime my fine feathered friends.




______END TRANSMISSION_________

Note: as McCrayfish.com is under construction you can locate a lot of Josh's work over at his DeviantArt page: http://thelastsoldierofgndr.deviantart.com/gallery/

-Mi

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please! It's quite bare down here!

Followers